Here is the procedure to attend a session of the Legislature Assembly (Vidhan Sabha) of Rajasthan, Jaipur.
1. Obtain the (free of cost) request form from the kiosk at the entrance gate of the Vidhan Sabha.
2. Filled up the form according to the guidelines written on it.
3. The form will need the signature of the Member of Legislature Assembly (MLA) of the area you live in Jaipur. So, find out who is the MLA of your area and locate him.*
4. Take it to the MLA and get his/her signature on it.**
4. Now, submit this form in the Vidhan Sabha office 24 hours before the day the form has been filled up for.
5. On the scheduled day, be ready for a length security check. Once cleared, you will be allowed in and attend a session for 2 hours.
*This List of MLA s can help you identify the MLA from your area. The best way to find out about his location will be to inquire about it at the party office of both BJP and Congress. Maybe, a visit to the nearest police station can also help. (no pun intended)
**This is a very difficult task. Signature of the MLA on the form will mean that s/he takes the responsibility of all your actions while you attend the 2 hours session. So, the MLA usually don’t take the (unnecessary) risk of allowing a ‘common man’ to attend the House unless they know that person well enough (in which case, he will not be defined as a ‘common man’, I guess).
So, Good Luck! and if the luck is really good do tell us about your experience.